Why hire an arborist when you can hire someone else to trim your tree who might charge less? Well, first it’s important to understand what makes someone a certified arborist in Miami.
An arborist is someone trained in the art and science of planting, caring for, and maintaining individual trees. To become certified, these individuals must obtain several hours of experience and pass a comprehensive examination developed by the nation’s leading experts on tree care.
Why hire an arborist to care for your trees? Pruning and removing trees in Miami is dangerous work. If trimmed or removed incorrectly, trees can cause considerable damage to your property or your family. You want to make sure the person caring for your trees actually knows what they’re doing.
When considering a tree care professional, you want to look for the following:
- Check for membership in professional organizations such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), or the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA). Such membership demonstrates a willingness on the part of the arborist to stay up to date on the latest techniques and information.
- Ask for proof of insurance and license. If the company you hire does not have insurance, you can be sued for any accidents that may occur.
- Make sure the consultant pulls any permits required by Miami-Dade County.
What if you don’t hire an certified arborist in Miami?
- You can end up with a hatracked tree, which is basically when your trees limbs are cut off. It’s quite sad and very ugly.
- You can get fined by the city for trimming wrong or removing a tree without pulling a permit or presenting an arborist letter.
- Worst case scenario, if someone gets hurt on the job and they’re not insured the worker can go after you for damages.
Protect yourself and your beautiful trees by hiring a certified arborist in Miami. If you have any additional questions regarding what an arborist can do for you, please contact our on-staff arborist, Benny Essig, at 305-370-8176.