Taking proper care of the trees on your property is important. Sometimes it will be obvious that a tree needs to be tended to, but other times you might not notice that maintenance is necessary. Don’t make it a guessing game; hire an arborist!
Hiring an arborist ensures that your trees are well taken care of and will remain beautiful and healthy. This not only creates a lovely landscape for your home, but also increases the value of your property. You’ll also eliminate risks that weak, unhealthy trees pose to your family and your neighborhood. Here’s what you need to know before hiring an arborist in Miami.
Do your research:
- Have a few arborists check out your property and get each one to write a bid for the job.
- Focus on finding experienced professionals, especially an ISA Certified Arborist.
- Find out if the candidates are members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or the Tree Care Industry Association TCIA—which would be a plus.
- Ask about the candidate’s personal and property liability insurance, as well as workman’s comp. Double check with the insurance company to ensure the policy is current.
- Make sure to check references.
Avoid arborists who:
- Advertise about or routinely practice tree topping or demossing.
- Propose removing a living tree. This is rarely necessary.
- Charge a very low price. This is often a red flag, as those who charge more do so because they have more advanced equipment and insurance costs. When it comes to hiring an arborist, you typically get what you pay for!