In times when our earth’s environment is gradually deteriorating, there can’t be enough said about the importance of trees.
Trees have a number of benefits for us. They considerably improve the environment by improving the quality of air, reducing flooding and generally adding to the beauty of our surroundings. On the other hand, real estate properties also befit from trees. A property can experience a boost of 15% in its value due to the presence of trees. Moreover, residents can enjoy a 40% cut in air conditioning usage.
Trees in Miami-Dade
Due to hurricanes, urban development and diseases like citrus canker, Miami-Dade has lost thousands of trees. As a result, the area has tree canopy below the national average in comparison to similar metropolitan areas. In an attempt to increase the amount of trees and protect them, it has been made compulsory to have a permit for tree removal Miami. A permit is required for relocation of trees as well.
How to Request a Permit for Tree Removal Miami
Here is the application procedure for tree removal Miami permit:
- Acquire the tree removal or relocation permit application form
- Complete the form with the required details
- Submit the form along with the initial inspection fee. Submission can be completed in person, by mail or fax
- The application will not be processed without the form and inspection fee
Mailing address and fax information is
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Regulatory and Economic Resources Department
TREE PERMITTING PROGRAM
701 NW 1ST COURT, 6TH FLOOR
MIAMI FL 33136
- If the application is approved, the property owner or authorized representative will be informed through certified mail, email or other means if requested. Non-approval of the application will also be informed about
- The processing time of the permit for tree removal Miami begins from the appearance of the application and ends at draft along with issuance. This may take up to 30 days
- If your property is not violating the tree ordinance:
ü It is possible that additional information is required for processing a permit. For this purpose, the property owner or authorized representative will be corresponded with to provide for deficiencies
ü If information is requested and the tree permitting program is not contacted in reply or the information is not received within 120 days from the day of official correspondence, the application will be rejected
- All tree permit applications will be denied if they remain incomplete for a period of 120 days. This is in compliance with Section 24 – 49.7(3). In such a case, the entire process is to be repeated to continue for the approval
- For 10 or more trees, a site plan or tree survey may be required
Closing the Permit
After permit requirements are completed, a final inspection form is to be submitted by mail, email or fax. Later a field inspection will be performed. Once all permit requirements are satisfactorily verified the applicant will be informed.
The permit expires within one year of issuance. For renewal, the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department should be contacted before the expiry date. A renewal fee is required.
BG trees will complete the permitting process for tree removal Miami for an administrative cost.